Hello Families and CUUC Community!
I spent five days in Baltimore for the Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA) Fall Conference November 6-10. I look forward to sharing notes and resources with you from the conference in the coming weeks.
Each class receives their own weekly newsletter. Click on the class below to read this week's newsletter:
- Nursery Families & Childcare Providers: ABC UU Values
- PreK-1st Grade Families & Teachers: World of New Friends
- 2nd-3rd Grade Families & Teachers: Passport to Spirituality
- 4th-5th Grade Families & Teachers: Bibleodeon
- 6th-7th Grade Families & Teachers: Neighboring Faiths & World Religions
- 8th-9th Grade Families & Teachers: Coming of Age
- 10th-12th Grade Families & Youth Advisors: Youth Group
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17th
We begin every Sunday in the sanctuary at 10:00am. Our Music Director, Adam, invites children and youth to find a nook under the piano where they can enjoy the centering music he plays before worship, 10:00-10:10am. This Sunday, we will sing children out to Children's Worship and RE classes.
- Childcare is offered in room 31 with Diane Keller and Hans Elsevier.
- K-1st Grade Our Whole Lives begins this Sunday in room 33. David Bowen is leading a lesson about our wonderful bodies, building on children's prior knowledge about bodies. Janet Wafer is the assistant.
- PreK and 2nd-5th graders are invited to the Fellowship Hall for Children's Worship where Tracy Breneman and Ray Messing will discuss the story read in worship then lead a social action project. Children will make posters to announce collection of toiletry donations. Please send in small, empty toiletry packaging that can be glued or taped to posters, e.g., travel size toothpaste boxes or empty tubes, or empty deodorant boxes.
- 6th-7th grade Neighboring Faiths & World Religions class meets in room 41. Sophie Mitra is introducing the Christianity module with a focus on Catholicism this week. Alejandro Forte is the assistant.
- 8th-9th grade Coming of Age class meets in room 11. Charlie McNally, CUUC Environmental Justice team, is leading class focused on Unitarian Universalist beliefs and our connection to the world, being stewards of the earth and tending to our web of interdependence. Christine Haran is the assistant.
- 10th-12th grade Youth Group is attending the Transgender Day of Remembrance worship service. Youth Group does not meet.
Rev. Kimberley is planning a beautiful Christmas Eve service that will include many voices. We invite children and youth to participate by reading short passages during the service. Contact Tracy to volunteer.
IN THE COMING WEEKS
- *Fri Nov 22 (changed from Nov 15) - Faith Friday: Rev. Kimberley's class, Habits of the Heart; Journey Groups for adults and children; 8th-12th Youth Group. The November On The Journey packet includes a page for families and conversations across the generations. The theme this month is Compassion. Click here.
- Sun Nov 24 – Whole Congregation Worship Sunday: Thanksgiving. No RE classes or Youth Group. Stone Soup community meal offered by the 8th-9th grade Coming of Age families and lunchtime discussion groups led by Rev. Kimberley and Tracy.
- Sun Dec 1 - Begin in worship then leave for Deck the Halls festivities. No RE classes or Youth Group.
- Save the Date: Sat Dec 15 - Gingerbread House Decorating at the Rockland UU congregation in Pomona, NY (click here for the flyer)
in fellowship, Tracy