I hope you all had a wonderful summer, full of fun adventures, meaningful moments, and time for relaxation. After meeting some of you when I visited in the spring and others during the summer months when I started at CUC, I am truly looking forward to connecting with those of you I have not met yet and get to know you all more deeply. I am especially excited to begin this new congregational year with you. Please see the following six (6) announcements:
1) This Sunday is the Water Service for all ages. Children and youth will stay in the sanctuary for the entire service and will have the opportunity to participate in the water sharing, as well hear a Wonder Box Story. If needed, child care is available for the little ones in the nursery.
2) Children and Youth Religious Education classes begin next Sunday, Sept. 14 at 10am. All children and youth will begin in the sanctuary for the first part of the service when there will be a special covenant with teachers and carrying out the class chalices.
3) Children and youth will begin in the sanctuary for all the Sundays in September and the first Sunday in October. To see the special sanctuary Sundays: CLICK HERE.
4) Please register your child(ren) for Religious Education online: CLICK HERE. It is important that we have up-to-date information for your child's well-being and RE planning.
5) We will also be starting up Adult Religious Education later this fall. There will be a catalog of offerings for learning, spiritual growth, and support. Please let me know if you have a special interest you would like to share with the congregation or an area you would like to explore in your own faith development.
6) If you are looking for a way to connect and contribute without feeling overwhelmed consider joining one of our RE Support Teams (REST). Each REST provides an opportunity for engagement in your particular area of interest, while helping to support our evolving vibrant programming. Being part of a team with a very specific focus allows the endeavor to be bite-sized and fit to your schedule. Learn more: CLICK HERE.
It will be great to see you on Sunday.