One of the ways CUUC is helping us stay healthy is to find ways of connecting through phone and internet via Zoom - and we want to help you get comfortable using the Zoom meeting system as we prepare to move most of our gathering online.
Zoom is a way to have video conferences or presentations that are accessible by computer, smartphone/tablet, or (audio only) regular phone. If the video technology is not for you, every Zoom gathering has the option of calling in and participating by voice only.
Zoom enables us to be in community with one another when we can't be in the same place. The staff already uses Zoom as their primary meeting place. Zoom makes worship, meetings, small groups, pastoral care sessions, and classes accessible to many more people - from the comfort of your own home.
If you choose to connect to meetings by phone, follow the instructions from your committee, team, or Journey Group facilitator.
If you choose to connect to worship by phone, dial 646-876-9923. When prompted, enter the Meeting ID number: 289 850 7899
Here's how to get started with Zoom:
- Go to https://zoom.us and download what you need to access a Zoom Room (Go to "Download the Zoom Client" in the top right under "Resources")
- Go to your smartphone or tablet's App Store and download the Zoom app for iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Android.
- If you want, practice having a Zoom call with someone. You can have your own gatherings of up to 40 minutes with a free Zoom account.
- Learn how to mute yourself on Zoom (or how to mute your phone). If you attend worship remotely, you will need to do this. If you're in a meeting or gathering, it's best practice to mute yourself when you're not speaking.
- To attend a meeting on Zoom, follow the instructions from committee, team, or Journey Group leader.
- To attend worship on Zoom, click this link to join: https://zoom.us/j/2898507899.
If you still need some assistance, please contact Pam Parker at email@example.com or 914-946-1660 x2, Mon through Fri.
Post a Comment