All are welcome. No registration, and you need not have attended previous sessions. Drop-ins welcome!
Tue Jun 4 at 3:00-4:15, Fireplace Area: Wise Aging. Facilitated by Revv. Meredith Garmon and LoraKim Joyner.
We're currently looking at Joan Chittister, The Gift of Years: Growing Old Gracefully. For our Jun 4 session we explore the "Ageism" and "Joy" chapters. Among the questions we'll discuss:
- How have you dealt with negative stereotypes of aging? Do you think you've internalized them to some extent?
- Are you on a mission to prove the stereotypes wrong?
- Do you agree with Seneca that "the gradually declining years are among the sweetest in life"?
- Chittister speaks of "being moved quietly off all the platforms of life." She says we might feel bitter about being displaced, or we might be glad to be free of the "stagecraft that goes with" those platforms. How have you experienced either?
- Are you, or have you been, "drunk with the very thought of being alive" -- spreading "the joy we have finally been able to find in ourselves"? How has this played out -- or not -- for you?
Tue Jun 11 at 3:00-4:15, Fireplace Area: Wise Aging. Facilitated by Rev. Garmon. This session will explore the "Authority" and "Transformation" chapters of Chittister, The Gift of Years.
Thu Jun 13 at 11:30-1:00, Fireplace Area: Science and Spirituality.
Fri Jun 14, Faith Development Friday. 6:15p: Pizza & Salad Community Dinner
7:00p - 8:30p Programs.
Programs include: Parents Journey Group (facilitated by Alex Sehdeva)
Kids Journey Group
"Faith Like a River" Class (facilitated by Rev. Garmon)
Post a Comment