FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13th
Faith Friday, 6:15-8:30pm. Click here for the December packet. RSVP by Thursday noon via e-mail at CUUCEvents@gmail.com.
- Adult Class, Habits of the Heart, led by Rev. Kimberley
- Adult Journey Group led by Alex Sehdeva
- 8th-12th Youth Group led by Cyndi & Daniel Tillman and Imelda Cruz Avellán
- Children's Journey Group led by Tracy Breneman and Diane Keller
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14th
- 3:00-5:00pm - Gingerbread House Decorating at the Rockland UU Congregation in Pomona, NY (click here for the flyer). RSVP by December 11th.
- 3:00-5:00pm – CUUC is participating in a new Youth Interfaith and Justice Leadership Lab. South Presbyterian Church invites 6th-12th grade youth to gather and hear from Dale Williams, Executive Director of Midnight Run, about finding common ground with the homeless. Youth will then wrap holiday gifts for distribution on the Christmas Eve Midnight Run. Meet in the Fellowship Hall of the Church, 343 Broadway, Dobbs Ferry. Parking on the street or off Washington behind the Church. All are welcome. Snacks will be served. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Marie-Louise, Interim Director, 917-647-7881.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15th
Childcare is available at 9:30am. We begin every Sunday in the sanctuary at 10:00am. Music Director Adam Kent invites children and youth to find a nook under the piano where they can enjoy the centering music he plays before worship, 10:00-10:10am. Following the Time for All Ages, children leave for RE classes, which meet until 11:30am. Children 3rd grade and younger must be picked up in their classroom at 11:30am; children 4th grade and older will be allowed to leave for coffee hour. Youth Group is attending worship. Community meal and winter concert following worship.
On Sundays when classes meet, each class receives their own weekly newsletter. Click on the class below to read this week's newsletter. If you would like to receive one or more RE newsletters in your e-mail, sign up here.
- Nursery Families & Childcare Providers: ABC UU Values
- K-1st Grade Families & Teachers: Our Whole Lives
- 2nd-3rd Grade Families & Teachers: Passport to Spirituality
- 4th-5th Grade Families & Teachers: Bibleodeon
- 6th-7th Grade Families & Teachers: Neighboring Faiths & World Religions
- 8th-9th Grade Families & Teachers: Coming of Age
- 10th-12th Grade Families & Youth Advisors: Youth Group
IN THE COMING WEEKS
- Sun Dec 22 – Whole Congregation Worship Sunday: Holiday Pageant. There are roles for everyone! Or come dressed in Star Wars costumes, continuing the tradition. And there will be a special surprise, not to be missed! No RE classes or Youth Group.
- Tues Dec 24, 5:30pm – Christmas Eve worship service. Rev. Kimberley is planning a beautiful Christmas Eve service that will include many voices. We invite children, youth, young adults, adults and families to participate by reading short passages during the service. Contact Tracy to volunteer.
- Sun Dec 29 – Lyra Harada is leading a multiage activity, introducing musical instruments for fun and spiritual expression. Laura Goodspeed and Laura Sehdeva are assisting.
LGBTPQIA+ SUPPORT DURING THE HOLIDAYS
While many are celebrating the holidays, many are also struggling with families who make it difficult to share their full selves or celebrate their loves, or families who have rejected them for doing so. To our LGBTPQIA+ family of all ages and stages: You are whole and holy, and you are loved. PFLAG offers these suggestions for taking care of yourself and navigating gatherings. Know you are not alone. Click here for links to hotlines and other support. If you need a message of unconditional love and affirmation, read this fierce message of support from S. Bear Bergman and know you can call or text Rev. Kimberley (518-423-1964) and Tracy (914-434-7539). Allies and Upstanders, your support is needed! PFLAG offers suggestions for friends and family. The Ossining LGBTQ Alliance shares this guide for being a LGBTQ Ally during the holiday season.
I look forward to seeing you!
in fellowship, Tracy