Occasional Sundays (appox once a month)
8:30 - 9:40a
Starting at the Parsonage, back door
466 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY 10605
These walks are for nurturing nature -- human nature as we commune with one another, and other species -- and engaging in nature spiritual practice. We also provide scientific information about the birds we see to help conservation and ecological initiatives.
- Learn to better identify birds
- Compile a bird list and contribute as citizen scientists by reporting to ebird
- Get to know others in our congregation and in our ecological communities
- Share the joy of birds and the rest of nature with one another
- Engage in nature spiritual practice
- Get some exercise
- Walk around parking lot and nature trails on CUC grounds looking for and enjoying birds, as well as enjoying silence and stillness at certain points
- Specifically reflect upon guided meditations offered by facilitator, Rev. LoraKim Joyner
- Adequate shoes and clothing for the dirt trails (or mud or snow) and weather. We will meet no matter the weather as long as the roads are safe.
- Binoculars (we will have some extra pairs available)